A Child’s Garden Preschool, a non-sectarian community outreach program of First Presbyterian Church, is committed to providing a developmentally appropriate learning environment for a diverse population of young children respectful of the individual needs, cultural heritage and identity of each child.
Both tuition dollars and fundraising help fund ACG’s mission. We are also generously supported by First Presbyterian Church, which helps us to operate our school through many in-kind contributions -- including our wonderful building.
It is always our goal to keep our tuition as low as possible so that families from different income levels can enroll their children. Fundraising dollars help us in achieving the highest quality program we can provide, by supporting teachers, families, children, and the overall program with additional and necessary funds beyond our operating budget.
How are Fundraising dollars spent?
- Teacher support: Each year fundraising dollars support the professional development of our staff, classroom enrichment and recruitment of highly educated and qualified teachers.
- Capital Improvements: In the past year this has included new doors with windows for each classroom, cubbies for backpacks and coats, laptops for classroom use, carpets, and shade structures.
- Financial Assistance: ACG believes that a diverse student body enriches the life experiences and lives of all children. Our goal is to remove financial barriers for those families who are in need, and to assist them in providing the best early childhood education for their children. Families requesting financial assistance can be awarded varying amounts of tuition assistance after application to our “scholarship program”. This application process involves the the careful review and consideration of our scholarship committee and school director.
Ways to Support A Child’s Garden
- Annual Giving Campaign - Families, alumni and friends of ACG are invited to contribute any amount they can to help support our school through a giving campaign each year. Letters requesting donations are mailed in October so that you may make your gift before year end, but contributions are accepted at any time. ACG qualifies for designated gifts through United Way. If your place of employment participates in the United Way campaign, you may secure a form to designate a portion of that to the preschool. Our United Way designation number is 041.
- Family Involvement Committee Fundraising Activities - Our active and dedicated Family Involvement Committee leads many fundraising activities throughout the year. In the past these have included: dine and donate, cookie dough sales, scholastic book fairs, school pictures, Smith’s Earn and Learn, Box Tops for Education and others.
- Sponsor An Event - Many generous businesses and individuals step forward each year to sponsor events such as our “Gala in the Garden” and “Goblins in the Garden”. We rely on these contributions to make these events a success. These may be in-kind donations or actual monetary gifts. They may also include sponsoring events for our children during the school day like a music or dance performance, underwriting a fitness program, or any other ideas you may have.
- Sign up your Smith’s Reward Card at www.smithscommunityrewards.com and designate A Child’s Garden Preschool when you shop at Smith’s grocery store. A percent of your purchases benefits ACG.
- Collect Box Tops for Education (www.boxtops4education.com) and donate them to ACG.
FYGI (For Your Giving Information)
- To make a gift or contribution please contact our Director, Susan Smith at 505-764-2920 or email@example.com.
- Donations can be made in person or mailed to: A Child’s Garden Preschool, 215 Locust St. NE, Albuquerque, NM 87102
- Donations can be made with cash, check or credit card.
- Donors are recognized with a letter upon receipt of a gift. A Child’s Garden Preschool is a non-profit organization, all gifts are tax deductible through IRS regulations.
- Donations made without designation will be used at the discretion of our director and board of directors. If you would like to make a designated gift (i.e. to support financial assistance) please indicate your designation along with your donation. We also welcome gifts that honor a child or loved one, please include that information as well and we will happily send a letter to that person or family acknowledging your gift.